Posted by Helen Park on 4 March 2022
The Maidenhead United FC Community Trust has been awarded a grant of £25,000 by the National League Trust in support of our Magpies in the Community Activate programme.
The funding will support the delivery of a range of community events and activities between February 2022 and January 2023, including:
- The ongoing delivery of a number of our established and successful programmes including men’s walking football; disability walking football; outdoor fitness and older peoples exercise and social activities.
- Establishing a number of new activities including:
- A regular women’s walking football session.
- A new men’s fitness and weight loss programme.
- A men’s social group designed to support mental wellbeing.
- A disability community engagement event linked with the national Inclusive festival at Windsor Great Park.
- A disability promotional activity week offering an extended programme of workshops and bitesize social engagement and physical sessions incorporating activities delivered by the trust and partners.
- An adult promotional activity week offering an extended programme of workshops and bitesize social engagement and physical sessions incorporating activities delivered by the trust and partners.
- A calendar of community events linking to key events this year including the Queens Platinum Jubilee, the 2022 Commonwealth Games and the Women’s Euro England 2022 are also planned to help to inspire people to get involved locally.
Graham Alfred, the Maidenhead United FC Community Trust chairman, said “We are very grateful for the ongoing support of the National League Trust, the Premier League and the Professional Footballers Association for our Magpies in the Community programme. This funding will enable us to build on the fantastic work we have undertaken during the Covid-19 pandemic and will have and will have an emphasis on supporting people back into regular activity to help improve their health and wellbeing.
Much of the work we undertake is delivered with the support of amazing volunteers, who generously give up their time to support our activities. We are keen to recruit volunteers to support our community outreach work and to support local volunteers develop their skills. If you are interested in volunteering please contact our Community Trust Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
“The National League Trust is a partnership between the National League, the Premier League and the Professional Footballers’ Association Charity. The Premier League and the PFA Charity have committed to support the Trust until 2025.
They will each contribute to a donation of £1.2m a year over this period. This allows the Trust is to help National League member clubs develop their community programmes.”